Your privacy is our first concern.
Feel free to surf anonymously.
Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website — including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths;
- information that you provide to us when registering with our website including your email address if you want to contact UMASS Hotels and get a response;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to email notifications or newsletters, your name and email address for example;
- information contained in or relating to any communications that you voluntarily send to us or send through our website, which also includes the communication content and meta data associated with the communication;
- any other personal information that you choose to share to us.
Using your personal information
- Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
- We may use your personal information to:
- administer our website and business;
- personalize our website for you;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to UMASS Hotels.
Disclosing personal information
UMASS Hotels may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
International data transfers
- Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
- Information that we collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area, for example, the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China and India.
- Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
- We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
- You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
Third party websites
- Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
- We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.